1. Write down the habit that you want to change. Writing it down solidifies
2. Note the benefits of changing and consequences of not changing.
3. Replace it. It is easier to “replace” a habit than to “quit” it. For instance,
replace watching TV with playing racquetball or reading rather than
simply stopping the tube addiction.
4. Work on one habit at a time.
5. Create a clear plan.
6. Break the plan down into daily actions.
7. Create appropriate accountability through a trusted friend or professional.
8. Reward the target behavior.
9. Keep it on top of your mind (post-its or phone/email reminders can help).
10. Remove distractions.
11. Ask for help.
For more information on David Horsager, visit http://www.speakernow.com/espeakers/18578/David-Horsager.html