It’s Time for More Personal Time!
by Elizabeth Hagen, Professional Organizer/Speaker
Here are the simple steps to schedule more personal time:
1. Realize that having personal time is important and that you deserve it. This may be the hardest step of all so stop for a minute and tell yourself that you are extremely worthwhile and that you know that if you take time for yourself you will be a better person in everything else that you do.
2. Make a list of things you like to do but don’t take time to do. For example: Reading a fun book, taking a nap, going for a walk, treating yourself to a manicure, pedicure, or massage, going to a movie in the middle of the day, calling up a good friend, etc. You get the idea.
3. Go to your calendar and pick out at least one time in each of the next 4 weeks that you’re going to do something fun for you. Go ahead and pick more times if you’d like but at least one.
4. Look at your list of fun things and decide what you want to do during your ‘personal time’ appointments. Of course you can be spontaneous but if you’re like me and a ‘schedule nut’ you may want to decide ahead of time what you want to do.
5. On those ‘personal time’ appointments nothing must get in your way. This is your time and you must keep it.
6. Watch how you feel after your personal time appointments. You’re going to feel relaxed, happier, more content, and have a lot more energy.