“Best-selling author, communications and life coach, publishing CEO and co-founder of an international women’s program of personal and spiritual growth.”
Wisdom. Insight. Strategies that bring people together, support their best work and help them live a fearless life.
That’s what Debra Engle brings to every presentation, workshop, breakout session and retreat. Through her unique background in publishing, communications and personal growth, she speaks to people exactly where they are. Her presentations are inspiring, but also eminently practical.
Her message of fearlessness, based on her bestselling book about fear-based thinking, provides the foundation for the transformation that leaders, teams and individuals need. She has helped thousands of individuals and organizations worldwide move past their obstacles and stumbling blocks to live, work and create more fully and vibrantly.
Widely acclaimed for her warmth and unique ability to connect with her audience, she is a sought-after speaker on topics of leadership, business creativity, vision and purpose, life balance, women in business, change, writing and publishing, inspiration and overcoming adversity.
• Author of The Only Little Prayer You Need (Hampton Roads, 2014), featuring a foreword by the Dalai Lama. The book has been translated into three languages and is sold worldwide.
• Author of Grace from the Garden: Changing the World One Garden at a Time (Rodale, 2003), as seen in Oprah magazine
• Author of Let Your Spirit Guides Speak (Hampton Roads, 2016; Random House in Germany, 2016)
• Founder of GoldenTree Communications publishing company
• Co-founder of Tending Your Inner Garden, a program of spiritual and personal growth for women featured in TIME magazine
• Former project editor for Fortune 500 companies and colleges and universities across the U.S.
• Former creative manager for The Des Moines Register and associate editor for Better Homes and Gardens books
• Freelance writer/editor for publications such as Better Homes and Gardens, Country Home and Country Gardens
• Vision mentor for the Voices of the Future program through World Pulse, championing the voices of women in emerging nations
• Blogger for patheos.com, the world’s largest religion and spirituality website
• Contributor to The Art of Living: A Practical Guide to Being Alive, along with Deepak Chopra, Mikhail Gorbachev, the Dalai Lama and others
Awakening the Fearless Leader WithinDo you lead with fear or with presence? Does your workplace resemble a battlefield, or do you rise above it? Do you listen to your team and clients, or do expectations get in your way?
Fearless leaders aren’t brave in the face of danger. Instead, they understand how fear-based thinking keeps everyone stuck-and they forge a different path. We’ll identify the five essential characteristics of fearless leaders, bust the most common myths about fear-based leadership, and show how a strategy of mindfulness rather than fear drives success in real-life situations-even with the most pervasive workplace issues.
Offered as a 45- to 90-minute keynote or breakout session.
• How can you tell the difference between thoughts based on fear and those based on mindfulness?
• What three steps will remove the blocks to listening so you can cultivate better team and client relationships?
• How do you increase productivity by rising above workplace conflicts-and helping your team do the same?
• How can you change your mindset to improve the bottom line?
• What one thing can you do each day to reduce stress in the workplace and dramatically increase productivity?
5 Hallmarks of Fearless Teams
How do you create teams that are motivated to do good work-with fewer conflicts and personality issues getting in the way? By creating a culture based on a new definition of fearlessness.
Through this presentation, you’ll understand the five core characteristics of fearless teams and how to create them, improving bottom line results, better client relationships and job satisfaction at the same time.
Offered as a 45- to 90-minute keynote or two-hour workshop.
The three situations that immediately drain your teams’ time and talents.
How to assess your current culture.
The three essential decisions you musts make to create a culture of success rather than anxiety.
Simple and effective ways to convert your culture to fearlessness.
How to support big thinking rather than small.
The Powerful Business of Listening
Listening is different from hearing. Listening means setting aside expectations and judgments, looking beyond the words and bringing a presence to conversations.
Despite all the words that are exchanged every day, little listening actually takes place. How can listening boost your bottom line? How can it set you apart from your competitors? How can it foster a more productive workplace?
We’ll look at the five techniques of listening that will change your workplace culture instantly, and how they can help drive success.
Offered as a 45- to 90-minute keynote or a two-hour workshop or breakout session.
Three simple techniques to let others know they’re being heard.
Five questions that build relationships.
How better listening improves the bottom line and employee retention.
The number-one technique for better listening.
Back to the Basics: Storytelling That Sells
In a world of Tweets and Facebook posts, the basics of storytelling still matter. How can you communicate your brand and unique message in ways that cut through the clutter and speak to your target audience? Based on more than three decades of writing and marketing for national publications and Fortune 500 companies, this presentation provides practical tips for storytelling techniques that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Offered as a 45- to 90-minute keynote or two- to three-hour workshop.
• The four elements of storytelling and why they’re critical to your business and brand.
• How to identify the “money quote” that will make storytelling a breeze.
• How to turn complex information into clear communication.
• The one story NOT to tell (or it could cost you millions in sales).
• How to craft short-form stories that will turn social media into your best salesperson.
• The easiest way to speak to your customers in language they’ll understand.
Getting Past Stuck: The Shortest Route to Living with Joy
Have you ever felt like fear holds you back or keeps you stuck in life? Do you find yourself worried over relationships or situations that you feel powerless to change? Those fears can wear us out and make it hard to live with contentment and joy. But with a simple technique, you can ask for healing and see the struggles in life fade away.
Based on the best-selling book The Only Little Prayer You Need (featuring a foreword by the Dalai Lama) this presentation addresses the roots of fear-based thinking, with interactive exercises that will send you home with invaluable tools for a happier life.
Offered as a two-hour, half-day, or full-day workshop.
Identify the fear-based thinking that keeps you stuck.
Let go of the “rattles in your dashboard,” the deep-seated thoughts that get in your way.
Address fear-based thoughts about everything from finances to relationships, health concerns to family conflicts.
Achieve a new level of self-worth and acceptance.
Understand and practice forgiveness in a new light.
Recognize how your inner shifts will result in changes around you.
Live fearlessly to create a better life for yourself, your loved ones and the world.